SoundCloud is one of the most popular platforms for music streaming and sharing. It allows users to upload, promote, and discover new songs from a variety of genres and artists. But how does it compare to other music services, and what are its pros and cons? Here is my honest review of SoundCloud.
– SoundCloud has a huge library of music, with over 200 million tracks from more than 20 million creators. You can find almost any song you want, from mainstream hits to underground gems.
– SoundCloud is also a great place for aspiring musicians and producers to showcase their work and connect with fans. You can upload your own tracks, get feedback, and grow your audience. You can also monetize your music with SoundCloud Premier, which pays you for streams and downloads.
– SoundCloud has a user-friendly interface and a powerful search engine. You can easily browse by genre, mood, popularity, or tags. You can also create playlists, like, repost, and comment on tracks, and follow your favorite artists.
– SoundCloud offers a free plan that lets you stream unlimited music and upload up to 3 hours of audio. You can also upgrade to SoundCloud Go or SoundCloud Go+, which give you access to more features, such as offline listening, ad-free playback, and high-quality audio.
– SoundCloud has some issues with copyright infringement and licensing. Some tracks may be removed or blocked due to legal disputes or complaints. This can be frustrating for both listeners and creators.
– SoundCloud also has some problems with sound quality and buffering. Some tracks may sound distorted or low-quality due to compression or encoding. Some tracks may also take a long time to load or play smoothly due to network issues or server overload.
– SoundCloud has a lot of competition from other music services, such as Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube Music, and Amazon Music. These services may offer more features, better quality, or lower prices than SoundCloud. They may also have exclusive deals with some artists or labels that limit their availability on SoundCloud.
SoundCloud is a great platform for music lovers who want to discover new and diverse music, as well as for musicians who want to share their work and reach a large audience. However, it also has some drawbacks that may affect its performance and reliability. Therefore, I would recommend SoundCloud as a complementary service to other music platforms, rather than as a primary one.