If you are a music producer or an artist looking for beats, you might have heard of Beatstars, one of the most popular online platforms for buying and selling beats. But is Beatstars worth it? In this blog post, I will give you my honest review of Beatstars, based on my personal experience as a producer and a customer.
Beatstars is a website that allows producers to upload their beats and sell them to artists who need them for their songs. You can also buy beats from other producers, either as leases or exclusives. A lease means that you pay a small fee to use the beat for a limited number of streams, downloads, or sales, while an exclusive means that you pay a higher fee to own the beat and use it however you want.
There are many benefits of using Beatstars, both as a producer and as an artist. Here are some of them:
– Beatstars has a huge catalog of beats in different genres, styles, and moods. You can easily find the perfect beat for your song, or browse through different categories to get inspired.
– Beatstars has a user-friendly interface and a powerful search engine. You can filter the beats by genre, mood, tempo, key, price, and more. You can also create playlists, follow your favorite producers, and rate and comment on the beats.
– Beatstars has a fair and transparent pricing system. You can see the prices and terms of each beat before you buy it, and you can also negotiate with the producer if you want a custom deal. You can also use coupons and discounts to save money on your purchases.
– Beatstars has a secure and reliable payment system. You can pay with PayPal, credit card, or cryptocurrency, and you will receive an instant download link and a license agreement after your purchase. You can also request a refund if you are not satisfied with the beat.
– Beatstars has a supportive and active community. You can network with other producers and artists, join contests and challenges, and get feedback and tips from experts. You can also access educational resources, such as tutorials, podcasts, and blogs, to improve your skills and knowledge.
As you can see, Beatstars is a great platform for anyone who is serious about making music. Whether you want to sell your beats or buy beats for your songs, you will find everything you need on Beatstars.
However, no platform is perfect, and Beatstars also has some drawbacks that you should be aware of. Here are some of them:
– Beatstars is very competitive. There are thousands of producers and artists on Beatstars, so it can be hard to stand out and get noticed. You will need to work hard on your marketing and branding, as well as on your music quality and originality.
– Beatstars is not free. You will need to pay a monthly or yearly fee to access all the features and benefits of Beatstars. The fee depends on the plan you choose, which ranges from $9.99 to $49.99 per month. You will also need to pay a commission fee of 30% on each sale you make (unless you have the Pro Page plan, which gives you 0% commission).
– Beatstars is not exclusive. You will not be the only one who has access to the beats you buy as leases. Other artists can also buy the same beats and use them for their songs. This can create confusion and conflict among artists who use the same beats. The only way to avoid this is to buy the beats as exclusives, which are more expensive and less available.
These are some of the pros and cons of using Beatstars that I have experienced. Of course, your experience may vary depending on your goals, preferences, and budget.
In conclusion, I think that Beatstars is a valuable platform for music producers and artists who want to buy and sell beats online. It has many advantages that outweigh its disadvantages, in my opinion. However, it is not a magic solution that will make you rich and famous overnight. You will still need to work hard on your music and your marketing to succeed on Beatstars.
I hope this review was helpful for you. If you have any questions or comments about Beatstars, feel free to leave them below. Thank you for reading!